Tuesday, September 19, 2017

SeeSaw

My classroom is blessed with several pieces of technology.  In addition to an Interactive Whiteboard, Lego Bricks, Bee Bot Robots, and a document camera, we have 6 i pads, 6 laptops and two desk top computers.  One app we use on the i pads and laptops is called See Saw.  This app allows parents to register their phone or i pad and their child can take pictures and videos of projects and different activities during the day and send them to their parents.  I find this to be a great way for students to communicate with their parents what we do in the classroom during the day!

I recently introduced the See Saw app to my students.  I partnered up my students and asked each child to make a short video for their parents and post it to their account.

While walking around the classroom and monitoring my students, I saw one student watching his video he was about to send to his parents.  He looked at his partner and told him, "I really need to brush my teeth!"

Who knew the See Saw app would promote good dental health!


1 comment:

  1. When I go back to work, I'll look into the SeeSaw app. Sounds pretty cool. Monitoring is a MUST! hehe

    ReplyDelete

Online Meetings

 Our school's competitive robotics teams have been meeting after school online.  We have access to a great online simulator and IDE.  Th...