Sunday, September 17, 2017

Princess Of The School

I have been kicking around the idea of writing what I hear throughout the day in my second grade classroom for years.  I love listening to my students.  Everyday they tug at my heart strings.  I laugh, cry, and am always amazed at what comes out of the mouths of babes.

This story convinced me that I need to start documenting!

Last Tuesday was my coworkers birthday.  Because it was Tiara Tuesday, and because it was a birthday celebration, my teaching team and I decided we needed to break out our crowns.

During afternoon duty, a Kindergarten girl walked up and asked if I was the princess of the school!  In my best princess voice I replied, "Yes, yes I am the princess of the school!"  This student proceeded to ask, "Princess, is there anything I can do for you?"  I asked her name, tapped both her shoulders, and crowned her Princess Maddie!  She ran off as fast as she could to tell her friends she was Princess Maddie!

I think both our days were complete after this!

1 comment:

Online Meetings

 Our school's competitive robotics teams have been meeting after school online.  We have access to a great online simulator and IDE.  Th...