Saturday, September 23, 2017

Lockdown

Every year we practice a lock down drill at school with the Ada County Sheriff's Department.  This always makes me sick to my stomach and the whole day is a mess.

This year, the Sheriff's Department told us to have our kids stand in a designated area instead of hiding in their cubbies.

While we are practicing the new procedures, I shut my curtains, made sure my door was locked, closed the blinds to the outside window and grabbed my district issued T Ball Bat.

While the kids and I were standing in a corner of the room, one little girl started laughing and asked, "Mrs. Kwid, what do you think you are going to do with that T Ball Bat?  I, too, started laughing after looking at all five feet and a little over 100 pounds of their teacher!  Then we were all laughing at this ridiculous scene!

The laughter really did take the edge off of an ugly drill.

I do know that if a real danger was to occur, I would do anything to protect my kiddos.  I may be small, but this girl is strong!

2 comments:

  1. You are little but mighty...no doubt you would be a force to be recond with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So funny! Lockdowns are not usually very much fun!

    ReplyDelete

Online Meetings

 Our school's competitive robotics teams have been meeting after school online.  We have access to a great online simulator and IDE.  Th...