Saturday, September 30, 2017

Oh Snap!

This story happened outside of the classroom today.

Being a teacher in a small(er) town, I am very conscious of going into the market to purchase any kind of alcohol.  The only time of year I go into the local liquor store is at Christmas to pick up whatever my dessert recipes call for.  And don't you know it, I ALWAYS see a parent from school!

So today I picked up a bottle of wine at Winco.  I literally have my baseball cap on and sunglasses!  As I am checking out and putting it into a brown paper bag, I dropped it.  SMASH.... oh snap, that bottle of wine went everywhere!  A very nice Winco employee came right over with a huge cart to clean it up.  I thought things couldn't get worse..... but they did!  The checker announced over the loud speaker, "Register 3 needs a new bottle of New Age wine to replace the one that broke."  Second announcement over the loud speaker, "The clear one."  THIRD announcement over the loud speaker....."It's wine."

I seriously wanted to crawl under a rock!  And of course, the person straight across from me, at the bagging station, was a parent from school!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Online Meetings

 Our school's competitive robotics teams have been meeting after school online.  We have access to a great online simulator and IDE.  Th...