Friday, November 17, 2017

The Ham Dad

Somehow I am always reminded of this story when we have our second grade Thanksgiving Feast at school.

Eleven year ago, the year our school opened, I taught this darling little girl.  Her mom was beautiful and her dad was a very attractive man.  The kind of attractive that you know during parent teacher conferences you sound like an idiot because you are looking at this attractive man and have no idea what is coming out of your mouth!

This family graciously offered to bring a Honey Baked Ham for our Thanksgiving Feast at school that year.

The big day arrived, all the students had a fun morning filled with making yarn dolls, butter, a spinning top, and playing pilgrim games. 

As my room filled to the max with moms and grandmas setting up the food buffet and arranging the tables for the children to eat, this dad arrived with the ham. I am not sure if it was how wonderful the ham smelled, or how handsome this dad was, but EVERY lady in my room stopped talking and stared, mouth wide opened at him, while he walked the ham to the buffet table.  I Literally said them, "ladies, close your mouths!"  Everyone laughed so hard when they realized what they were all doing!

My co-workers and I still giggle about this every year during our feast! 

I hope you all have a blessed, peaceful and joyful Thanksgiving!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Online Meetings

 Our school's competitive robotics teams have been meeting after school online.  We have access to a great online simulator and IDE.  Th...